Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

H-13 Speaker?

Reading one of Ron's earlier threads I see that the 650 console type radio used an H-13 speaker, if I understand his post correctly. I have these two speakers and I'm wondering if either of them are an H-13?
The darker colored speaker marked 2561 is the one that came with my Radiobar when I received it 50 years ago, so I assume it is original to the cabinet. My original chassis (not sure which model number) is long gone and I now have a 660 to use in it's place. I want to know if this speaker is still compatible with the 660. Or perhaps the other speaker, the one marked 2562?

Attached Files Image(s)

If your Philco Radiobar came with a 650 chassis, then it used the K-17 8'' speaker and not the 10.5'' H-13 speaker. The H-13 will work with the 650 chassis however if you want to cut a larger hole for it and remount. It does not appear either of those speakers would work for you and a 650 chassis.

Interestingly, the 660 should have an H-13 speaker as it is a 42 triode setup. Maybe someone else can weigh in on the part numbers. I don't see them in Ron's Speaker spreadsheet...

According to Philco 660 schematics, it used an H-13. The voice coil should be 1.1 ohms, the field coil should be 1125 ohms, and the output transformer should be 310 ohm primary, with a center tap.