Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Realistic Clarinette 40

I said I would eventually make a separate topic about my recent 70's stereo phinds, so here is the first. This little guy has come a long way since I found it as a sawdust covered lump waiting for the trash man. The once forlorn looking Realistic has now become a nice little 'plastic wonder' of a 1978 stereo that really seems to like the Zenith Allegro 1000 speakers I have it currently paired up with. Still needs a few tweaks, but a final cleaning of the controls now has this unit almost perfect on balance and I can't really get it better without detaching the controls from the output board to get a direct shot into them. Not gonna do that and take a chance of killing the poor thing! The BSR record changer has come a good ways too. I might try some rubber renew on the idler first and also try to find a better 45 adapter. The one I have fits, but the changer doesn't seem to like it. Also, need a 'C' or 'E' clip for the platter. Right now I am listening to show tunes the local FM station is playing ranging from the late 40's to the early 60's.

Next up might be the 1972 Electrophonic once I get it out to be recapped. Found a nice set of Sears/Fisher speakers to pair up with it. Actually, even the Realistic gets along with those speakers as well.

No matter where you go, there you are.