Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Rage Repairing a Stereo?

Ok, I think I just 'rage repaired' a Zenith Allegro stereo. The one I thought was fried on one channel now works as long as I don't switch it all the way over to the AM band. I was just sort of slamming the controls back and forth, frustrated that cleaning them did nothing and it came back to life. Icon_crazy  Oh, I also gave it a 'thwap' against the side with my hand as I was about to give up on it. Only downside to that is the dial light flickers a tiny bit now, but as long as it works, I'm not fussing with it until I redo the record changer this fall. I'll have to post a picture of this odd beast later on here.

No matter where you go, there you are.

I know someone who gives her desktop a thawp on the side when it does not work does the trick.

Well, I took a quick picture. I don't usually see this model about and I might know why. You might have to break an added in support to get it apart for repairs! It kinda looks like Zenith assembled these, then stuck in a back support after the components were in. Poor thing was sitting in a damp garage too.. That really helped the particle board bottom...

Attached Files Image(s)

No matter where you go, there you are.