Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Cool Find/Looking for info

Hey all! I found this beauty for $20 today and she plays! I'm amazed! She needs a new needle and is having some record return issues that need to be solved, but I've been impressed. Does anyone know what model this is? I found a model number in the body of the cabinet but haven't been able to find it anywhere online and it isn't in the lineup of models that I've seen for the year that this would likely be based on the model number. The number on the inside of the cabinet is part no. 51-313316.

I'm also happy to take suggestions on why the record return isn't engaging at all.

Thanks!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/bBmhYqygehb7PM88A

Hi and welcome to the Phorum,
I couldn't find a pic of it w/model attach. What you are looking for (model #) is going to start w/a letter and have 3 or 4 digits after it. I believe the # you found is the part # for the cabinet. It may be located on a tag or stamped in ink on the chassis. Best guess is it's from about 1961 or 62.

GL

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

Honestly, I don't know where to begin to look for a model number. I can see a variety of part numbers, for tubes, the idler wheel, speakers, etc. There's a slip of paper in the back that details how to connect the external speakers and on that paper is TP60-0506 which I googled but haven't been able to find.

I've added some more photos to the link above.