Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Eveready made by Bosch?

I notice a American Bosch Model 28 on Ebay and it looks identical to an Eveready Model 1 that I have. Do you think that Bosch made the Evereadys?
Curious, thanks if anyone has any insight.
Alan

I'm not sure about the model 28, but American Bosch did make radios for Sonora and National Carbon Co. (Eveready):

https://books.google.com/books?id=uDk_5S...os&f=false

By-the-way, all three volumes of the Alan Douglas series Radio Manufacturers of the 1920's, is a great addition to any collector interested in early radio.

John KK4ZLF
Lexington, KY
"illegitimis non carborundum"

Thanks so much for the info. It's clear that my Eveready was manufactured by Bosch. Interesting too, the Essex Radio Corp., I just picked up a '35.
Alan

I had an Eveready that had the same exact internals as the American Bosch 28. My rather rare American Bosch 29AC console uses part of the model 28 in it as well.

No matter where you go, there you are.

American Bosch used to do a lot of contract work like that, much like Wells Gardner and Belmont did, they were even making sets for U.S Westinghouse for a few years, whom unlike Canadian Westinghouse did not make their own sets during the 1930s. Some Northern Electric radios also appear to have used a Bosch chassis, I don't know if Bosch made these or if N.E made them under license in Montreal.
Regards
Arran