Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

38-1-116x? Interesting radio

Wow,
I am fairly sure that is the proper type of player in the original. Not sure it is the right year.
The seller I can live without, Icon_lol

The JERK even parted out the phonograph... GRRRRRRRR!!!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/vintage-PHILCO-...SwdzVXppve

Icon_smile

Times I have been electrocuted in 2021
As of 1/01/2021
AC: 4 DC: 1
Last year: 6

Definitely seems like a jerk...i'll keep looking...the challenge is that the closest I've seen pictures of is for a 38-3-3...I am not sure if anyone is absolutely sure what the phonograph looks like... Icon_neutral

I cant believe he took off the tonearm for your phono and wants $200.00 for it.
That picture issue is something for Ron to answer maybe.
Different models that are more common may have used the same Phono. Then you could find pictures of it. I dont think there are any others documented online for pictures.

Icon_smile

Times I have been electrocuted in 2021
As of 1/01/2021
AC: 4 DC: 1
Last year: 6

I've never seen one "up close and personal", only in a (very few) photographs. I can't say for certain, but frankly I would be surprised if the different 1938 Phonograph with Philco models used different Capehart changers. In other words, I suspect they all used the same model of Capehart changer.

However, as is usually the case with guessing, I could be wrong Icon_crazy

All of the 1938 Phonograph with Philco models appear to be quite rare, since they seldom ever turn up anywhere.

I never thought to ask Doug H. for a close-up photo of his 38-3-3XX changer and he is not around to ask anymore. Icon_sad

As for the price of the tone arm, that is not only ridiculous, but silly. Icon_thumbdown I predict that he will sit on that a LONG time until the right sucker comes along with more money than sense (the kind of people this guy obviously caters to).

Now, I hate to say this, but his cabinet prices are actually quite reasonable most of the time. It's just a shame that he strips complete radios to get those parts.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

I've just carefully compared the photos in your wanted ad on the other forum with Catman's incomplete Capehart changer, and I do believe they are both the same model changer. They certainly appear to be identical.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN