Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

GE 200

Forgive the lack of photos hopefully to follow. I bot a GE 200 off the bay. Looked good. Arrived and the box was rattling o I was a bit nervous. It arrived OK, dial glass was loose and I cleaned it up a bit. Tubes look like 4 non original so maybe they are all good. The slant chassis is cool and with 6 tubes probably play OK. I have been warned about how sensitive the dial glass numbering is and despite my most gentle attempts at cleanup the General Electric words got blurred.The Raio Museum warns do not touch letters, i was using slightly damp towel just around them and just so lightly touched them they start to melt. So I warn you all if your ever get one of these just clean around the numerals and print. Resist. I can get a repro if I want, we'll see. 

kudos to GE, it is nice to have a slip connector on the antenna back as opposed to hard wiring, easy to slip out. Looks like a good player and despite the glass issue I will get this to play safely, GE did a good job on this little guy.

If you had one of these appreciate your thoughts. 

https://www.radiomuseum.org/r/general_el_200.html

Paul

Tubetalk1

Paul I have a 201, very similar only it's in an ivory cabinet. It's a fairly decent player. Has an RF stage but not tuned RF.

Ron

Bendix 0626.      RCA 8BX5.   RCA T64
Philco 41-250.    Philco49-500
GE 201.             Philco 39-25
Motorola 61X13. Philco 46-42        Crosley 52TQ
Philco 37-116.    Philco 70
AK 35                Philco 46-350
Philco 620B.       Zenith Transoceanic B-600
Philco 60B.         Majestic 50
Philco 52-944.    AK 84