Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

BC Dial alignment 100% SW 100% at low end Way off @ top?

Hi Guys,

I have an unknown Philco SW/BC battery set, I posted about a while back. I have the unit up and running fantastic in the BC range ~ 55-160 on the dial. It's tracking 100% accurate on the BC range and pulling in some great signals.

It's bang on 9.5Mhz at the low end of the SW scale but up at the top, the Dial says 12 but the signal generator/freq counter and DSO say it's 13.4. While the 12Mhz is actually down round 11.3 on the scale

Was it common for the SW tracking to be this far off? Coils, resistors and molded mica all read good. All the foil's been replaced with poly and the outside foils aligned correctly. SW band also seems very quiet. It's a wire and ground antenna.

It's a push/pull 1A5G with 1A7G 1N5G and 1H5G The Air caps are identical 2 gang with Trimmers and Padders. I aligned with a RF gen, Freq counter and DSO.

I'd appreciate any ideas/comments

-Ritchie.

Your radio looks like a Canadian 48T.

http://philcoradio.com/phorum/showthread.php?tid=15021

I would have to look and see if Canadian model 48 is a battery set, or not. Edit: Model 48 is an AC set, so...nevermind. Icon_redface

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

The layout is exactly like the Canadian 48T, but that one uses different tubes and is mains powered. My radio is missing the model tag Icon_sad  it has "model 211" written in pencil on the chassis.  RUN #2.

Updated with the Cabinet Sticker.

Attached Files Image(s)