Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

fused 2 or 3 prong male plug ends 120v US

where to find them ?

this guy has a few ends with the larger N leg which each end has its own fuse.

looking for diy fused plug ends ...............

or i can harvest from old christmas lights but....  they all are green!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/9-110v-5A-Male-...2cdcbda124

Please do not fuse the neutral side of a plug for your own safety. Best to make sure that what you plug into, the wall outlet is wired correctly. Could also use a gfi cord like on a hair dryer but they can be a pain.

im confused?

Ron found some company that sold electric fence supplies that carried fused plugs, similar to the ones used on tube type TVs in the 1950s and 60s, they are rather large but are at least made of black Bakelite. The fleaby link looks like someone has been clipping off the ends of old strings of Christmas lights. Adding a rated fuse block under the chassis is also an option
Regards
Arran

I found the same type of fused plugs as used on Philco model 37/38-116 and 37/38-690 at farm and home stores that sell electric fence supplies. The plugs were identical save for the "MADE IN CHINA" and with a "DARE" brand instead of the original "ELMENCO" molded into the Bakelite.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

ill check our stores called tractor supply

Yes, you should be able to find them there.

[Image: http://www.philcoradio.com/images/phorum...90_025.jpg]

[Image: http://www.philcoradio.com/images/phorum...90_026.jpg]

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

i may not go that route,, if i am wrong correct me but it appears the N leg is the same as L1.

also,

what is it with the extra two steps in manufacturing where normally we see a hole in the N & L1 leg of a plug cord?

i never thought to even as till now....

The holes are a carryover from many, many years ago when receptacles used spring loaded balls to retain the plug.

Steve

M R Radios   C M Tubes

The plugs I posted images of are not polarized, that is true. The neutral and hot blades (what, I believe, you are referring to as N and L1) are the same size. The new plug is made just like the old 1930s plug, as you can see in the second of the two images above - the old 1930s Elmenco plug is on the left, the new Chinese-made plug is on the right.

Unfortunately if you seek a plug with polarized blades, this isn't the solution for you. But it is the first thing I thought of regarding a fused plug.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

yeah,, phase A or L1,, all the same. thanks guys.

i have a few new to me sets i just got free that need gone through that i want to integrate fuses and polarized cords.
i will just harvest Christmas lighting ends i have already.

this will solve the polarized cord need and OCP all in one pass plus make it simpler for the new owners i give them to.

Polarized plugs on an AC set, that is a set with a power transformer, are a waste of time, the chassis is already isolated from the power line aside from the line capacitor/s across the primary. I also think that they are of dubious value on most AC/DC sets, Philco AC/Dc sets are NOT hot chassis sets, the common negative, or B-, side is not connected through the chassis like some brand Z and cheap brands, it has it's own wiring.
Regards
Arran

all are brand z,
none with pwr xfmrs'

some have an isolated exterior cabinet from the interior chassis holding all the goods.

since lessons learned (yet not solved) on my Minerva Tropic Master which the exterior is double isolated ,,
... and i have the cord installed correctly
and i still get zap'd by touching the outside
....and since i wired the cord incorrectly to see if it mysteriously would fix the issue which it did not....

i have to continue down the road of at the very least attempting to do the right thing if i can

Gents...

Hobby Lobby has this item.................
https://www.hobbylobby.com/Crafts-Hobbie...lb/p/23807

It is a 6' two prong polarized cord with a inline on/off switch and a light bulb with socket.

The plug itself has a slider door to remove and replace a fuse which is in series with the hot power leg.

I picked up 3 , and they are 4$ ea.

just fyi for having a line cord with a built in fuse.

The item number i am holding right now is 175018