Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 60 - Problem with Short Wave/Police Band

Your right about that resistor. ...I'm fixing the drawing as I type.... Icon_redface . Thank you for the help sir I do appreciate it.... You are a gentleman and a scholar. Icon_biggrin

Danny

I see I never did report back with the correct number of turns in the 60 oscillator coil primary - my apologies.

I'll give details on both coils while I'm at it.

Model 60 Antenna Coil

Primary (outer) winding - 4 turns, CW, bottom to top, 38 gauge
Secondary winding (on the coil form) - All CW, bottom to top. 25 turns from beginning (lug 1) to lug 3. 129 turns from lug 3 to lug 2. 20 turns from lug 2 to lug 5. 32 gauge works well for this winding.

There is also a separate winding inside the coil form, mounted at the top. It is approximately 250 turns, 38 gauge.

Model 60 Oscillator Coil

Primary (outer) winding - 18 turns, CCW, 38 gauge, bottom to top, lug 3 to lug 2
Secondary winding (on the coil form) - All CW, bottom to top. 15 turns, lug 1 to lug 4. 90 turns, lug 4 to lug 5. 22 turns, lug 5 to lug 6 (on top). 32 gauge is OK for the secondary.

To determine which lug is lug 1, 2, 3, etc., hold the coil by the large mounting lug and count the small lugs clockwise from left to right.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN