Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

SUPERIOR INSTRUMENTS CO. C.R. BRIDGE AND SIGNAL TESTER

Ok started to work on this.. A Model 76..I have a copy of manual and schematic.. However some of parts do not follow manual as to value.. EX: one resistor said 250K but I have a 42K in that place.. Also a lot of different hookup not following schematic..

Did anyone work on this model? I am not sure if to change everything according to manual and schematic or to leave as is and just replace out of Tolerance parts???

Thoughts..

Skip

Ok, Changed the Filter cap.. powered up and seems to work.. measured a resistor and a cap.. pretty close on dial..

eye tube nice and bright a little sensitive on adjustment

did not check the tracer part yet..

But now i will replace all of the other caps that need it.. Then try again..

One question Where can I get the banana type plugs that go to front panel so i can make up some test leads..

Skip

I bought banana plugs for a meter box I built from Amazon. They are duals but you can take them apart and make singles. Below is the description:

Wiwaplex 10Pcs Gold plated Insulated Terminal Binding Post Power Amplifier Dual 2-way Banana Plug Jack

1929 Victor R-32, 1933 60L, Phil 40-158, Phil 42-400X, Phil 47-1230 Radio/Phono,, 1950 Phil TV t-1104, Air King 4000, Philco 41-105, Philco 37-675, RCA Victor 9K2, PT-50, Phil 54C, PT-44 Cabinet, Phil 118X Cabinet

Gregg Icon_thumbup

Ok, All caps replaced.. Seems to be working as I can read Resistance and Capacitance.. The Signal Tracer seems to work also..

Not sure about RF side though.. I do not have the RF probe.. I tried to make one from the instructions but doesn't seem to work Right..

Get no deflection on tube or hear nothing in speakers..

Skip