Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Magnavox 70s console

2 hrs 42 min / 150 miles. About as far as Kutztown from me, I usually make it in 2-1/2 hrs.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

Hi Ron, Doing a 6 hour round trip at this time would be difficult for me. Dealing with some medical issues with my wife. Nothing serious, but some trips to the hospital and a hip replacement. Then she will be bed ridden for a bit. Anyway, the last guy had this unit over 6 months and Ihave it about 2. After talking with the owner, she tells me she mainly just uses the record player and I got the amp working so I think she is anxious to get it back soon. I told her I will keep it a little longer in case a last minute revelation comes to me! I hope your condition is coming along well for you.

Mike, I do appreciate your offer and all you have suggested on this unit. This is the best group on the internet because of the great people in it!

Ron

Bendix 0626.      RCA 8BX5.   RCA T64
Philco 41-250.    Philco49-500
GE 201.             Philco 39-25
Motorola 61X13. Philco 46-42        Crosley 52TQ
Philco 37-116.    Philco 70
AK 35                Philco 46-350
Philco 620B.       Zenith Transoceanic B-600
Philco 60B.         Majestic 50
Philco 52-944.    AK 84

Ron

Let's do this.

This May, if you are willing to, bring to Kutztown. If the owner agrees, of course.
I hope to be there, but if not, maybe one of the neighboring folks who I visit from time to time, Sam or Terry, might take it is for a fortnight before I pick it up, though I am planning on appearing. (and we could always call each other before so you know if I am going to be there).

Then, in the fall, I will haul it back so you could pick it up. Or, if you won't be able to come, I will again leave it with someone who is in PA who you could reach within an hour or so.

Mike.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

Hi Mike, she is anxious to get it back after being gone 8 months between the first guy and me. She is happy to have the record player working as that's what she mostly uses. The 8 track player in this unit isn't working either because the other guy that had it took the preamp pcb out and she never got it back. When I got it the preamp was missing. It's just a frustrating case all around! Your offer would have worked as I am planning to do the May Kutztown meet baring any unforeseen glitches. I am planning to reassemble all the guts back into the cabinet next week provided all the hardware is there for it and return it to her. Thank you so much for the offer.

Ron

Philco 52-944.    AK 84

OK, like I said, before you go talk to her, if she is willing and if you still at the time would be up to stepping in the same river twice Icon_smile

If not and she will be happy the way it will be, well, we won't be fixin' it that ain't broken. Icon_smile

LOL, no I won't be steppin in that same river again! Icon_crazy I will be happy to see it off my bench so I can start on one of the many tube radios I have waiting. She will be happy to have it back also. I hate not having it 100% for her but I am plumb out of ideas as you know. Makes me wonder if it was defective since New as I was told the radio never was great! Thank you again for all your help!  

Ron

Philco 52-944.    AK 84