Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Newest Find: G1606 & SA1000 (1959)

This topic will eventually find its way into the Restoration Thread.  I found a G1606S record player with matching speaker (SA-1000) in March 2012 and have been lugging it around ever since.  The record player works great.  The needle was super dull when I bought it but when I removed the needle to look for a part number I found a spare taped up under the original.  The matching speaker (SA-1000) will only emit a very loud, high pitched hum.  I've been told the capacitors are shot (again, topic for a different thread) so I ordered schematics online.  I'm waiting for the schematics before I move any further on replacing capacitors.

During my research of the model numbers I found that Philco made a base (B-16) for the G1606 and G1606S.  It served as a record storage cabinet.  If anyone has one/knows of one I'd be VERY interested in purchasing it.  They came in blond or mahogany finishes.  Not to be picky but I'm looking for the mahogany finish.

Anyway, thanks for reading and/or responding.  I'm looking forward to contributing to the collective Philco mind.

Hi and welcome,
The service info can be found here: http://www.rsp-italy.it/Electronics/Radi.../index.htm
Click on 1959 and go to page 120.

GL and Happy New Year!

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

Thank you!  I found some stuff on radiomuseum.org too but I've downloaded my daily limit.  Lol.  Tomorrow I might get a few more pages.