Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Who has developed these handles a receiver?

The Collectors soviet and european radio considered that here is such handles of management receiver have developed the designer VEF Adolif Irbite in 1938-1939 But recently I have heard that they as far back as begin 30х were on radio Philco. Please, tell the history these handle.

Note from site admin: Sorry, but the photos which were attached to this post are no longer available.

i have to say the translation is a little rough but i'm guessing you are asking about philco rosette knobs???
phil

philco phan Wrote:i have to say the translation is a little rough but i'm guessing you are asking about philco rosette knobs???
phil

As this on american idiom... Icon_rolleyes See photo.

Note from site admin: Sorry, but the photos which were attached to this post are no longer available.

I don't know if anyone in Philco actually designed these rosette style knobs if or someone at the knob manufacturer did, I have seen very similar knobs used on Majestic radios (and Deforest Crosley at least in Canada). I have never seen any references to the stylist behind this knob design and how they were developed, it could have been an "off the shelf knob" that Philco simply chose to use. Many manufacturers did this to save costs, especially with Bakelite knobs, as it was much easier to design a cabinet to suit a set of knobs then the other way around.
Best Regards
Arrn

I think you'll find that Philco designed and had these rosette knobs made by a knob manufacturer. They are unlike any other, even that others resemble Philco's rosette knobs, they are purely Philco. There will be a patent on them somewhere, if you had the number.