Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Hallicrafters Model S-107

My wife's nephew came by last night and brought me a couple of items. He sometimes comes across stuff he thinks I might like. The first one is a Hallicrafters Model S-107 Radio/Receiver. I know nothing about this, bit it looks to be in fairly nice condition. It definitely needs cleaning and probably recapping, but the power cord seems very flexible. I did plug it in and had dial lights and a very quiet hum. Can anyone tell me anything about this? I see it has antenna screws in the back, two with metal jumper. I also saw a little rubber grommet on the top rear of the cabinet, don't know what that is for? Anyway, I'll post a couple of pictures later when I'm at my computer. He also brought me a really clean VOM. It's a RCA model WY- something or other. I checked it out after he left and found all it needed was a new electrolytic cap, the pots. cleaned, and the wafer switches cleaned and DeOxit'd. Once I did those, it was working perfectly! It even came with all three leads! Now I can add it to my stable of restored diagnostic tools. I'll post a couple pics of that too. Currently waiting for four new tires to be installed on my truck.

1929 Victor R-32, 1933 60L, Phil 40-158, Phil 42-400X, Phil 47-1230 Radio/Phono,, 1950 Phil TV t-1104, Air King 4000, Philco 41-105, Philco 37-675, RCA Victor 9K2, PT-50, Phil 54C, PT-44 Cabinet, Phil 118X Cabinet

Gregg Icon_thumbup

its apparently not a bad set.. but am no expert.

i hare restored a half dozen hallicrafters from s38 to s53.

lookie there
http://wd4eui.com/Hallicrafters_S_107.html

the shorting is disabled if you use a long wire to terminal 1.

,, not sure on the rubber grommet.

i actually can appreciate how it extracts out the front instead of the rear.

Nice set Tubes are fairly common. On the back if the jumper is connected to ground it is set up to use a single piece of wire as a ant. You can remove the jumper and use twin lead to hookup a dipole ant.Back on June 06 2015 I posted a pdf for the S38E the ant hookup would be the same. Enjoy your new set.