Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Alignment tool for the Zenith T/O 7G605

Yesterday when aligning the 7G605 I realized (well, I did the other one last summer but have forgotten by now) that the band coils have simply flattened screw end to rotate.
I have two different alignment sets, but none has the slotted trimming rod in it, those are either hex rods, or flat screwdriver ends, or same only recessed.
I eventually used a plastic stick with the slot I had made myself for 8G005 adjustments but it is way too wide so when getting close to the panel there are brackets there that interfere.
Also preferably it'd be a slot in a smaller diameter rod that does not go all the way diametrically so the rod doesn't come off the alignment screw.

I guess a flattened ball pen tube would do but I did not have any handy at the time.

PS. Just took a BiC ball pen, removed the cartridge leaving the narrow plastic insert, took a heatgun to it, flattened with pliers.....voila!

Methinks me has the tool now.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.