Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Need help idenifying

I have a Philco for which I can't find any info on. It's a tombstone. It's about 19" tall with 2 small steps in on the sides 2/3 the way up. Two toned. Has 5 knobs with 2 being the tuning. 0ne inside the other. 4 bands, a shadow meter for tuning and 6 tubes. Any info would be great

Thanks, Richard

From your description, it sounds like a 144B.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Thanks for the info. Are these rare? Do you know where I can find pictures and info? The only pictures I find are of a 144b cathedral. (rounded top) not flat like mine. Thanks, Richard

Eventually (hopefully by spring) I'll have photos on my website. Meanwhile, you can probably find a picture of one here:

http://www.radioatticarchives.com/

Info? Please specify what kind of "info" you seek and one of us can answer you right here. Icon_smile

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Hi, No luck at the sight. Just the cathedral 144b. The dial cord is broke and the rubber tuner mounts are shot. I'ld like to know if there is picture or info on the dial cord routing also whats the best thing to use to center and isolate the tuner from the chassie. Thanks, Richard

I have a reprint of Philco's dial drivearrangements, but you're totally out of reach by e-mail, so I can't send it. Too bad!

Doug I activated my e-mail. Thought Idid that before. If you could e-mail me the dial schematics that would be great. Thanks again, Richard

Okay, Richard, here's a pic of the 144B tombstone:

[Image: http://i326.photobucket.com/albums/k420/...i_144b.jpg]
(Photo credit: Peter Bertini)

This is a nice one, yes? Icon_smile

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Ron thats it. It is a beauty. Thanks for identifying it for me. Now it will be alittle easier to find schematics and stuff.

Reprint from the Philco dial sheets is in e-mail now.

Thanks Doug, I really appreciate it. I guess it's off to Walmart to get the cord. Hopefully I'll have it working tomorrow. I don't want to be a pain, but I have alot of Philcos and other prewars needing various things. I've been doing ok on my own since most people around my area enjoy looking but are clueless on how tube radios work. It makes it alot easier to fix finding information from knowlegeable people. To me there is nothing better sounding then my 40-216. Also being 39 people think I'm odd. You know born to late. Thanks again, Richard

Does anyone know the wattage of the bc multi wirewound resistor in the Philco 87 and also can slightly higher values since I can't find a 640,157 or a 3785 ohm