Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

46-1203 Dial Decal

I am new to restoring old radios.  I am in process of a 46-1203 restore.  The dial indicator paint is flaking off and very fragile.  What can be done to replace?  Decal?  New glass?  and from where?

TIA

Joel

Welcome the Phorum Joel!

The issue with dials flaking off the glass is a fairly common one. I suspect it may be related to the heat from the dial lamps used in those sets - and how much a particular set was used.

In any case the go-to place for replacement dials is Radio Daze. According to service info for your set the dial part number is 27-5890. The dial for your set is shared with the Philco 48-1256 model.

http://www.radiodaze.com/philco-48-1256-dial/

BTW - Radio Daze is in the process of focusing just on that business and reducing their inventory of radio restoration parts so you might take advantage of that sale as well.

Good luck! You'll find lots of help here on the Phorum.

Thank you!!!!

Hello,

New to the group and my question is very similar to this thread where my glass dial is flaking and needs replacement. I went to RadioDaze with no luck. I have a Philco 52-1730 that I am refurbishing, dial scale part number 54-5100.

Any thoughts on either a replacement glass or decals?

Thanks!

Welcome to the Phorum. RadioDaze will do custom graphics on a limited basis but you would need to contact them to check. I would get a high resolution scan of the dial glass you have for preservation purposes and they might be able to work with that. Other than that you can put a wanted ad in the Phorum section for that to see if any one might have one. Good luck.