Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Well, I finally got my tombstone!

" Tedious, but doable."

I believe you rewound one, didn't you?  I may undertake that after i get the IF transformer back together.  Thanks.   Icon_smile

Rewinding a transformer is NOT something I would venture to tackle. I know how they are made. When I worked at Cable electric Products many years ago, as the Assistant Quality Control Engineer and Fuse Engineer, one of the things we made were doorbell transformers. The actual winding is not that bad, but afterward they were soaked in a special shellac to bind everything together, then baked to dry them. This is the goo that oozes out of a cooked transformer. I leave rer-winding them to professionals. Coils are a different matter, and a LOT easier to do. If you need to have one re-wound, I'd send it out,

Also, buy yourself a tube tester. They are always for sale on YouTube. The internals are very simple. All you will need to replace is the electrolytic condenser. Leave the few resistors, some are precision and affect the readings. I have 3 of them, just in case, LOL ! If you see one that you are considering, just ask about it. I'll be happy to advise.