Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Final for model 570 Grandfather clock?

Hello!
           Anybody doing wood lathe work that could turn a correct looking finish for my model 570 Grandfather clock radio?

Do you have a picture and measurements to go by?
I have found pictures but need some kind of height and weight measurement.

Hello,
            I can provide some measures. Are you good with a wood lathe? I am at work. will send info tonight.

The finials?
If needed and if not already glued in mine, I could possibly measure them and make dwgs.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

Yes, I had my own furniture shop (build and restore mostly). 
If I get some measurement I will make a few and send one off to you. I'll have others if they are needed by some one.

TruPhilco,

I need one of those finials for my grandfather clock radio. Will you provide one for me?

Thanks

diehardradioguy,

This is an old thread and "truePhilco" has not been on this forum in over a year.

If you can not reach him, I can recommend an alternative.

There is someone in Poland who is making wood finials which are very similar to the Philco grandfather clock finial. Not exactly the same, but "close enough for gubmint work", as they say. I bought one for my model 52 GFC and am very pleased with it.

Just head on over to eBay...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/154499017506

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Thanks Ron.  I emailed truPhilco last week but didn't hear from him.  So, I decided to post a message on the forum.
I will try to order one from Poland as you have done in the past.

Thanks again and have a great day.