Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

no stations on a 40-215

can't find stations on am or shortwave ,i get a lot of static out of speaker.i have an eico signal generator but how can i be sure it is putting out a signal? i follow the paper work on setting the radio and generator but get nothing .need help.thanks

So what have you done to the set so far??

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

Check the antenna and oscillator and if coils for open windings.

So what have you done to the set so far??

Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

replaced all capacitors,some resisters,and checked all tubes which are ok.filament voltages check out ok at 6.3 volts.plate voltages look good.

As for the Eico use a well calibrated receiver to check to hear if it is working and it's dial calibration. Once that is verified inject 400cy at 470kc signal into the ant post and adjust the 1st and 2nd IF transformers for maximum modulated tone from the spkr.

Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

ok i'll check that out.

i found the problem ,there was a wire missing from the 78 if tube to the 6j8 tube .i kept following the schematic for the 40-215 and looking at others with a mystery control and there it was .that schematic for this radio is blurry and the dots that show connections are not present or not in the right place.once that wire was in place i turned it on and we had music. Icon_clap now i can tune everything in .thanks for the help. Icon_biggrin