Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Replacement Output Transformer

I have a 39-17 that needs a output transformer, the original part number is 32-7980. I bought it off of ebay and it came with most of the wiring dried and flaked off. The wiring on the transformer can not be sleeved. Anyone know of a replacement output transformer. According to the radio specs the input impedance is 8K and the output Z is 3.5 and the output is 2 Watts. I read some where that a Hammond 125 CT would work. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Tom

I don't have the sch; and it is not on Nostalgia, so if you have the link please post it.
As for the xfmr, if it is pushpull the CT version of 125 will do, if SE then the SE is needed.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

https://www.tubesandmore.com/products/tr...output-8-w

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

This one is about 1/3 of the price of the Hammond one.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

ordered a single ended transformer from Antique Electronic Supply. Thanks for your suggestions!

So your output is SE?

SE 41 tube.

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

Sorry about being late to the party.