Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 38-10 schematic question
Photo 

Hi all. First, let me first admit I am a beginner. This is my first restoration — a model 38-10. While replacing caps and resistors, I've discovered one resistor in the chassis not listed on the schematic, and one listed but not found in my chassis or in any photos of this model I can find. The resistor missing from the schematic is shown in the photo with the red arrow pointing to it, between cap #33 and cap#38. The resistor that shows up on the schematic but not in the chassis is #32—330k. The two 1.0 meg resistors are there, but not the 330k. 

Can anyone shed light on this for me? I'm attaching parts list and schematic. Thanks for any help you can offer.                     

Ok so if we follow the wire on the schematic on pin 4 of the 6F6 (screen grid) down and over it goes to #32 330k resistor the other end of the resistor goes to eventually to the plate of the triode section of the 6Q7. Long story short it's #32. The two 1megs are 18 & 27.

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

Thanks, Terry. I guess it's just a mis-labeled location on the parts location diagram.