Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Output Transformer Question...

As you may have read, I have problems with my speaker for the 37-640 project I am working on. Just in case nobody has a K34 speaker they will sell me, and I have to repair what I have, I have ordered this output transformer from AES.  https://www.tubesandmore.com/products/tr...output-8-w  They have a 10% off sale, so I figured I'd grab it while I could, such things are always useful eventually, even if I can't use it now. I read the reviews, and they said they work OK in such push-pull circuits. I am wondering if some of you might look at it, and give me your opinions on how it might work out as a replacement for the one in my 37-640. Any advice will be appreciated.

Just disconnect one lead going to the voice coil and measure the resistance. It will either be closer to 4 or 8 Ohms. Use that info to determine which terminals to use on the transformer.

It is closer to 1 ohm in K34.

In early philcos it was from 0.3 ohm , 0.7 was popular. This one is 1.1, I think.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

Yes, Mike, it is in the library here, 1.11 ohms.

Magic number.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.