Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 42-1008

Hi. I have a philco 42-1008 and the RF choke is disconnected on one end.  Part 26 on schematic.  One end goes to the C75 tube but can anyone tell me where else it connects too. I don't want to guess.  Thanks guys

Welcome to the Phorum!
Icon_wave

Here’s the Schematic
http://www.nostalgiaair.org/pagesbymodel...013487.pdf

Thanks . I do have the schematic. Having trouble deciphering it. Just wondered where I solder the second connection to
Thanks again

Say your new here! well welcome!
It goes to the junction of #27 (.01, #29 15,000 resistor,and 220,000 ohm resistor #28).

Gud luck with your project!

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

Thanks for the welcome guys! I will study it when I get home. I also have a bad ground somewhere. Crackles and pops touching the chassis or anything else. Is that a matter of just checking the solder on every ground on the schematic?

Hard to say on the '42 models you've got two strikes against you. One is that it's wiring insulation is probably failing and the other is poor connections @ the loctal tubes. All this is assuming that the chassis that been serviced w/replacement parts.

Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

I've changed all the caps and out of spec resistors and replaced any crumbling wiring. Tube pins and band switch cleaned. I have no reception unless I touch the top of the first I.F. Can. Then I can pick up stations by messing with the 2nd I.f. can. The oscillator fails the second radio test. Hoping a new rf choke gets the oscillator working. I'll keep looking for the bad ground

#26 provides the plate voltage for the osc so if it is open or disconnected the osc won't run. If you have been dittiling with the trimmers associated the the IF transformers you should use a signal generator and align them properly to the IF frequency. If not your asking for poor performance.

Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

I have a signal generator and plan to align it once I get the oscillator working and can hear stations on the tuning condenser. Thanks for your help so far. I'll update when the new choke arrives.

Hi 
Does anyone have the specs on the rf choke for this model? It's part 32-3615. Number 26 on the schematic.I need to order a new one but I'm not sure of the mh, ma or ohms. I'm only getting 15 volts to the 7c5 and xxl tubes and I think a bad choke is the reason. Is it needed or can I jump across it?
Thanks again
Jim

Check 29 and 42 before taking the leap of replacing the rf choke.
https://philcoradio.com/library/download...20Book.pdf
They use to tell me that I would blind if kept doing something?? I figured out what it was. Reading schematics from NA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

29 measures 14,700 and #42 measures 24,000

The choke is going to be abt 2-2.5mH@ 20ma.

Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

Thanks Terry, I will see what I can find