Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 60B

just want to show off cabinet work (done by Ben Sharp) on this one- first the 'before'

then the 'After': empty cabinet, the chassis will be forthcoming. (that means one of these days)

We probably do need to tighten the grill cloth a little...
...and yes, that is a Philco T-7 126 recently found (by Ben) on Craigslist.  It is the first transistor made by Philco, and it even plays!
Regards,
Simon

Excellent job!

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

Thank you! will pass that along to Ben.

Very nice job. Icon_thumbup Icon_thumbup

Wonder where he got it from hmmmm....... OH YEAH, he’s my son!
Thanks KC

The apple doesn't fall too far from the tree!  I am working on the technique for getting the grille cloths on right - something about cardboard and pins...  I will practice and fix the previous ones once I get it right (I have lots of material to work with)

Wow Ben, I envy your woodworking and finishing skills.  Icon_clap I have a few sets I’ve been putting off because they need cabinet work. On the grille cloth thing, what I have done on a few is use 3M spray adhesive on the cardboard backer, then with a spray bottle I lightly dampen the cloth before applying it to the backer. Then after it sets awhile, use a hair blow dryer on it. As it dries, it will kind of shrink some and tighten up! Just my $.02 worth.

Ron

Bendix 0626.      RCA 8BX5.   RCA T64
Philco 41-250.    Philco49-500
GE 201.             Philco 39-25
Motorola 61X13. Philco 46-42        Crosley 52TQ
Philco 37-116.    Philco 70
AK 35                Philco 46-350
Philco 620B.       Zenith Transoceanic B-600
Philco 60B.         Majestic 50
Philco 52-944.    AK 84