Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

late 1936 116B Labeling

Hello,
I am just finishing up the restoration on a late 1936 116B.  

Here is the cluster of inside case labels:

The labeling inside the cabinet contains a label that I had not encountered until this radio - the For Correct Operation label.    It is attached using one staple and is kind of "toasty" and aged.

It is 2" X 3 1/8" in size.  Just wondering on what other models this this label / tag used.  From the la
Thanks very much and stay well.

My 116B didn't have much of any labels except or most of the tube layout. The rest lost to time...  How do you like your set?? I think mine is my favorite tabletop set. I do have a couple of 5 band 16B's in the works both needing major cabinet work. I'm curious how they compare to the 116B.

Attached Files Image(s)

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

Hi,
I am very impressed with this set.  My go-to set for shortwave entertainment has been my Scott All wave 23. The Philco 116 keeps pace with the Scott in bringing in distant stations.  I really like the two speed tuning knob on the Philco (even though it feels a bit rough - I got to revisit the tuning mechanism again).  The Scott only has single speed tuning.  All this pleasure and it still needs an alignment!  Can't wait till that is done.
So I must agree that the Philco 116B is my favorite table top and definitely one of my all-around favorite radios.