Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Refinishing my 40-180 cabinet

Icon_biggrin  Thanks

That's an excellent job! It looks amazing with the low gloss lacquer top coat.

Tony

“People may not remember how fast you did a job, but they will remember how well you did it”

Thank you

Fred,

Just curious, did you use medium walnut for the entire cabinet or a combination of light walnut and medium walnut toner? I’ve read different things about this and am getting ready to refinish my 40-180, so want to make sure I do it right. Your 40-180 looks amazing by the way!

Vinny
Greensburg, IN

"We don't care what you do...just don't electrocute yourself or burn the house down."
-My Parents

I use a medium walnut dye based lacquer on the majority of the cabinet to show the grain. I use a dark walnut pigment based lacquer on the trim parts along the bottom and top edges where the wood grains don't really show. I mask off all but the trim parts and spray the dark walnut, then finish with the medium walnut after removing the masking.

Great thanks! I thought the base and midline trim parts are darker on mine too so wanted to double check before I order toner. Appreciate the reply, and again, nice job on your 40-180. Looks like new!

Vinny
Greensburg, IN

"We don't care what you do...just don't electrocute yourself or burn the house down."
-My Parents