Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

40-190 under chassis pictures

Thank You for adding me to the Philco Phorum  I have already learned quite a bit (for a novice) about the Philco 40-190

Yes I got the bug and purchased a 40-190 Philco Radio.   I have already done some cosmetic work such as refinishing the cabinet, replace the fabric etc.   I love it and have a great respect for the era.   I can just hear the old radio shows and news as folks gather around to listen.  Now on to the chassis repair.    I know I should replace all the capacitors and I have purchased a schematic (thanks to reading the Phorum).

I was wondering if anyone out there may have some "close up" pictures  of the bottom of the chassis  showing parts, wiring?   I believe someone got to this before me and used the wrong resistor/capacitor values as well as soldering to the wrong terminals etc.   Things do not seem to be where they are suppose to be or they are even missing.   I been following the schematic and that certainly helps but some pictures would give me a better comfort level.

I started confirming the transformer works but I really think they connected it to the wrong terminals.   I also have the same feeling about some of the capacitors and resistors. 

Thank you again for adding me to the Phorum.   Its been a great fun project so far.

best wishes

Dave

Dave

Pleasedo do not edit your post before the admins have a chance to look at it.
It is some sort of bug.

Mike

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

Dave - question for you regarding the codes ([color=#000000][size=small]) surrounding your text. We'd like to figure out where these are coming from.

How did you write your post? Did you copy it from somewhere else and then paste it?

Dave,
I have a hi res photo of the 40-190 chassis that I restored. I will respond to your e-mail. Address is on my web site.