Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

41-280x transformer help

Hi Everyone,
  I am new to the Phorum and new to the world of restoring a Philco radio, so please bear with me. 
  After years of dragging around my grandfathers Philco model 41-280x, i have decided to start restoring it to working condition. Thankfully the cabinet is in great shape. 
  The chassis is another thing. The chassis is all original. All the capacitors and rubber insulated wiring have been replaced . With the help of a friend who is a Ham radio operator and builds/restores Ham radios, we have diagnosed that the transformer requires replacement. I say we but he is more accurate. Question: is there a source for a replacement transformer. Philco # on the power transformer is 32 8122. 
Thanks in advance for the help

Hi and welcome,
Electrically what you are seeking is a power transformer that is rated @ 120ac primary, secondary voltages are 525vac @65ma and 6.3vac @ 3A.
GL

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

I have a 32-8121 which has these exact specs as previously listed.

Thanks for the info Terry. Appreciate the help. I’ve restored many classic cars over the years, but know just enough about the radio to be dangerous! I learned a long time ago if you dont know ask someone that does before you screw it up worse. I sincerely appreciate everyone sharing their years of experience on this forum for someone like myself.
Dale, Thank you. I will get in contact with you soon.
Happy Memorial Day weekend to all.
Jeff