Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

1936 Model 600 Oscillaltor coil

Well, hopefully it will keep working this time.

I've had tubes that would act funny, that improved very well once I removed the old solder from the grid caps and flowed new solder onto the caps. The 75 tubes seem to be especially prone to this problem. I know your radio does not use a 75, but I've had more than one radio make sounds like a loud thunderstorm due to a fault in the 75 tube. Sometimes, reflowing the solder on the grid cap would fix it; other times, it took replacement of the tube.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

So far so go. I resolder the grid caps on the 77 and 6A7. I think it's the mixer circuit that giving the headaches. It's been working for a few days now with a problem.
Tnx for a good nite's sleep
Terry

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

I think that resoldering the grid caps did the trick. It's been working great at about four hours a day for the last two weeks. I would have never thought of it as I've switched out both the 6A7 and the 77.
On to the other 600 I got a pair of them on epay both had bad oscillator coils along with the other normal problems.
Terry
If you like OTR check out WNAR on the web. I rebroadcast it here for all the radios to hear.

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry