Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Is the RCA 9k radio console a rarity and how many have been made?

Hi to all. Please help with the information ... Recently I accidentally and in rather bad condition bought the RCA 9k radio console and I am very interested in information about the number of copies of this model and whether it is currently a rarity among collectors? Thanks for any information.

I restored a 9K2 for a customer/friend about 10 years ago. That was a fine radio. It had a really nice cabinet - when refinished. AS-is, the beautiful veneers may not be very visible. If I had an extra 2 ft. of display space, I could squeeze one in (they are about 3ft. wide - I could just push extra hard).

As I recall the short-wave band went up to about 60mhz., but like many radios of the time, the osc. was only good to about 30mhz. It had a "Magic Brain" front end.

The 9K (no2) might be a little different.

"I just might turn into smoke, but I feel fine"
http://www.russoldradios.com/

Thank you very much, Mr. Phlogiston, for your interesting information. Unfortunately, I got the first modification of 9k with a limited to 23 MHz band, low-power amplifier on 6F6 and a speaker system without resonators. But still, I am very happy with this purchase because the company RCA has greatly influenced the development of radio engineering in the USSR, and the desktop modification of this radio console was made almost unchanged in the USSR under the index 9H4. So it will be very interesting for me to compare these two models. Thank you again . Icon_thumbup

I finally got my purchase and did an audit. The condition of the device turned out to be better than I thought.
Externally severely damaged, there are deep scratches, no 5 legs out of 6, but no fragments of veneer and therefore the restoration should not be costly and protracted.

In the meantime, I noticed a strange thing - at the bottom on both side walls there are mounts for the lower shelf, but the shelf was not ... Can anyone provide a photo or other information about the type and design of this shelf? Thank you .

I cannot be sure but those could be shipping hardware and not the shelf mounts.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

Maybe Michael. Last night I searched the Internet for a photo of this model and did not find the bottom shelf anywhere. The lower shelf was only in more powerful versions with resonators and a 6l6 amplifier. So it seems that there should have been no regiment here.