Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

what to do next

Maybe I missed something. Make sure when measuring the voltage from the filament to plate or grid that the meter is in the DC mode 500v range. If you are using an analog meter when you measure from filament (black meter lead) to plate (red meter lead) you should have about 250 volts DC and from filament (red meter lead) to grid (black meter lead) you should have about 60 volts.
Sorry give that a try.
Terry

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

Ok got the other 45 working. Cleaned all the pins. If it werent for bad luck ect.The meter i purchased dc doesnt work .
going to try again soon as i can exchange it. Maybe then get the ball rollin.
THANKS ALOT DENVER. Icon_rolleyes Icon_biggrin

Ok i got the other 45 working cleaned the pins. If it wasnt for bad luck id have none ect .
The meter i purchased dc doesnt work . G oing to exchange it . Let you know voltage soon.
Thanks a lot Denver Icon_biggrin Icon_rolleyes

Great ! Sounds like were making some progress !
Terry

Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

Ok checked out.

. Used a digital meter 2.5 from 1 to 2 & .6 from 1 to 3 Couldnt find a old type needle meter.

Now check the voltage from pins 1 to 3 on the other 45 tube. Also what do you have form the chaiss to the junction of the two 70 ohm resistors you replaced #58 point E on the diagram. Should see about -60dc

Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

Ok from 1 to 3 .6 .Checked #58 got .1
thanks

Finally got a good reading 240 volts both tubes 1 to 2 . On 1st af socket got 75 volts. On 2nd got 65 1 to 3 on the #58 14 volts .
did i blow a electrolytic cap? Icon_redface Icon_rolleyes
MORE THAN THANKFUL DENVER.

I'm a little confused. The first AF is a #27 tube. The tubes we are dealing with are the 45's. I need to know the grid volt of both tubes. It should negative 60vdc on each. What do you have from the chaiss - to point D+ ( where the 70 ohm resistor hook to the power transformer?
Terry

Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

There's more than one way to skin a cat. Another way we can test the audio part of your Philco is to inject an audio signal into the audio stages. What you will need an audio source like a VCR, DVD player, or cassette player and a cable as shown in the picture. The cap value is not critical any thing from 500pf to .1mfd is fine should that least 400v rating. Solder the cap to the tip and a wire to outside (shell). The other end will plug into the source.
Terry

Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

Sorry again getting 70 volts at both. Best i can tell touching where wires are in middle of 70 ohm resistor getting 14 volts.Held black lead on cleaned spot on chassi.
Resistor got hot but i checked still 72 ohms didnt replace. Icon_rolleyes Icon_redface

+70v or -70v? If you are using an analog meter( one with a needle) you with have to reverse the leads to measure any negative voltage. Digital meter there will be a small minus sign in front of the number you are reading.
Terry

Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

When i check it says -70 . Thanks

Ok this is good. We now know that the secondary of the audio driver transformer is good! Next lets measure pin 3 of the first audio amp #27 tube. Measure from chaiss - to pin 3+ . Should see about +95v.
Terry

Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

+94 Thanks