Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Grundig Majestic 4095

OK Finally got the knobs off what a pain..  Removed glass.  Now I can get to the dial strings  All are broken and all over the place..  DOES anyone have a Dial string Diagram???  The one I have makes NO since..

Morzh, I could not find that cap on the underside of my radio.  Will have to take some pictures..

At lease making progress..

No since of doing recap until I can figure out the dial strings..

Skip

Skip

It's OK. I am sure I did it right, I take photoes, just second-guessing myself.

Glad you got those knobs off, what a pain.

When I took my electrolytic and the transformer off, I found out that soooooooper-looooong mounting strip is broken. But it is held well by those parts soldered to it. I will use epoxy when done with recapping.

Now mulling the prospects of restuffing the electrolytic cap.
By the way, have you seen that extra-soooooooooooper-loooooong electrolytic cap under the audio transformer? It is like 4" long and 1/6" in diameter or something. Never saw anything like it.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

I have decided to stop doing anything on the one I have.. Due to the Rust on the push button assembly.. I cannot even get the power on to stay in the on position..

No way I could take the assembly out to many wires to disconnect..

Skip

Skip

Sorry to hear that.
Was it kept in a wet place?

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

Good question no clue.. I got it from a antique place up by me. He has been having me go over all radios and tube amps that come into his store.. To make sure they are working.. So I fix them if they do not work.. But he doesn't want to spend a lot of money getting these working as he has to resell them..

Skip

Skip,

You wouldn't have the owners manual for this thing, would you? I have the SAMS now, it's a great help, but the owners would be very handy thing to have.

No I don't.. All I have is a schematic in German,, Could not even find a Sams on it..

I talked to the Antique guy and he said he still would like to get it working.. Well I tried to measure the TRansformer Primary Open.. But then found a fuse that was broken in half Its a small dia about .2 inches and probably 1.5 inches long.. Good luck in finding that.

Skip

Fuse...regular 1-1/2 inch one. I bough it on Amazon, a whole box. 0.7A - I use 1A.
The selenium will probably be good. Mine is good, all voltages are where they should be.
You might get away without replacing main electrolytic - I did replace mine but it measured well. Maybe some reforming, considering the age.
Otherwise removing that transformer under which it is, is a royal pain.