Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

What model is this? Found one locally. 116B?

Dial/speaker does not add up.

Attached Files Image(s)

Not even close to 116B, though the year is the same.
It is a 630.
We could look at the grill.
But you might want to show the chassis also.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

That's the only two pics posted, he says it is that, but the 116b shows difference. Says it powers up, no reception, what would it be worth?

(by the look of the cabinet the same one was used in 635).

Worth? Depends. If the speaker is good - $70, +/- 10 bucks. If it is 630. Do not know what 635 would be. Probably less.

If it were 116B, which it is absolutely not (it is a very different and much larger unit) it would get above $200 if in decent shape.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

Thanks, I think that's it, 116b 11 tubes vs 6 in this one, never heard either, guess the 116b kills it. Is this one worth collecting or just so so?

It is a good radio. I have a 620, one step down, still good. I actually like the 1936 radios.
As for worth.....the beauty is in the eye of the beholder - if you like it, it is worth collecting. My personal criterion.
For example, I am not a fan of the 610 look, to chubby for me. So I do not have it.

Dial bezel is on upside down...

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

Yeah...I was wondering myself where the heck the Shadowgraph window was......