Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 38-12 Cabinet Strip

So...just figured I'd share what the radio looks like as I received it this week.  Certainly, there's a lot of cabinet work to do, and I'm a little concerned about what might be hidden under all that dark stain, lacquer, etc.  In addition, the dial is merely a photocopy of an actual dial, the pointer needle is incorrect, the knobs are incorrect, and the speaker fabric will likely need to be replaced.

Luckily, I was able to order a repro dial from Radio Daze, but am having trouble locating the correct pointer, knobs, and fabric.  I know this is probably elementary to most of you, so appreciate any recommendations on sources for these parts.

The grille cloth is correct. It looks okay in the photo - is something wrong with it?

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Well, it is much dirtier than it appears in the photo, and won't match a fully restored cabinet very well, unless I can find a way to clean it carefully.  Parts of it are very delicate and will likely fall apart when I remove it anyway. Just want to have a decent backup if/when that occurs.

Finally located the correct knobs, so just hoping someone can recommend a source for the fabric and pointer...especially the pointer, as I'm learning that these are as scarce as hen's teeth!