Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Help!! I don’t know the model

Hi there, I just bought this the other day at a resale shop so there was no info about it other than “record player table”. I figured out the brand by myself but cannot for the life of me figure out the model. The turntable needs a new needle so that’s why I need the model, I believe there is another piece missing as well, also on the turntable. Any information would be fantastic, thanks in advance!!

Attached Files Image(s)

Looks like a 60s model. I believe Philco used Voice of Music changers in the consoles. You probably have to take a closer look at the cartridge to match a needle. Quite often the original cartridge has been replaced.

Hi and welcome,
There's a possibility that the radio and the phono where sold as separate units. In this case the model number would be on found on each component.
As for the needle/cartridge I'd give these guys a try: https://thevoiceofmusic.com/catalog/phono_needles.asp  You may be able to send them a pic of what you have and go from there.

GL with w/project!

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

That is very nice...  Something I am more familiar with have a similar VM unit my first wife just had to have..
Early American or Colonial design, I never cared for the Spanish or Mediterranean designs...  He, he, the V-M worked right up to the day she hauled it away during the divorce Icon_lol

BTW it was Solid-State, went through at least 6 needles and one ceramic cart. My favorite album was "Switched on Bach" at near full volume, she hated it...

Pliny the younger
“nihil novum nihil varium nihil quod non semel spectasse sufficiat”