Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Why do sellers in the US refuse to send parcels to Ukraine?

Hi to all . Over the last year, I have had three strange situations where in the description of the lot, the seller reported "worldwide delivery" and "send to Ukraine" then changed his mind and waived his obligations. So I won the bidding for Zenit 6s56 and RCA Radio 8, but lost them due to the seller's refusal to send them to Ukraine ... It's a pity Please tell me why most sellers on eBay refuse to send goods to Ukraine? Because I can't understand it in any way ...

Old Tube Radio Online Museum / Музей ретро радіо
https://www.youtube.com/user/RadioSvit?d...lymer=true

Sincerely Peter
З повагою Петро

Ukraine customs officials are not trustworthy. It's a crapshoot whether your package gets to the buyer. One item I sold didn't make it after 6 weeks and I sent the tracking list to him, which ended with customs, and he replied he understood, that it was a nice try. Same with some Canadian provinces.

You may be right, but I haven't had a single case in 10 years that my purchase has been blocked by customs. Instead, there were two cases when a parcel sent by American mail could not leave the United States for six months and arrived in Ukraine when I had already forgotten about it. Icon_lol In the second case, such a delay was for three months. I think that there is inadequate coordination between post offices. And maybe some other reason I don't know about ...

Sincerely Peter
З повагою Петро

Quote: Same with some Canadian provinces.

I'd like to see the evidence for this allegation. It's the first time I have ever heard that a particular group of Canada Post employees are stealing the mail on a basis regular enough to be noticeable. I think that's BS.

It's not BS, it's BC. There wasn't any theft. I shipped several packages to BC and the buyers reported that the package was trashed and contents unusable. Why would anyone send more packages to BC? Ontario is great, some packages were delivered faster than domestic. Can't make sense of that situation in BC customs.

Maybe if it were French Columbia, the packages would be safer? Icon_lol

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

If you try and send something like this to a friend in the UK who is a MD good luck on that one.   https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IF7R8K0/ref...Y2s9dHJ1ZQ==

Why is that?

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

i get the same delivery problem here.its no problem with fedex (until recently) or ups or dhl. even the mail was ok until the chicom 19 hit. but ebay was blocking sales here unbeknown to the seller. what the seller in the us sees on his computer is totally different. i asked two sellers if they were aware of this and they said no. one seller who does tubes kv5fc ,i think it was ,was one. i had to send him a screenshot of my screen to show him. i suspect that under the ebay global shipping program, that ebay and their surrogate,pitney-bowes dont want to eat the loss on non delivery,as ebay gets a cut of the shipping charges (i figure 30%@) the rest is pitney bowes who pays fedex or dhl depending on who gets the nod. i dont know what the guy in ukraine sees on his screen. and of course the seller eats it if it disappears or is damaged. nobody wants to get burned and i cant blame them

Hmm ... Very interesting information, it is worth analyzing ...  Icon_thumbup  Icon_thumbup  Icon_thumbup

As for eBay, in my opinion, in the last three years it has become just awful. Everything is so confusing that it is difficult to understand at first, even if you have a perfect command of English. )) And when you use Google Translate, it's generally something like a Benny Hill show. Icon_lol Secondly, eBay's policy towards sellers is racketeering and fraud - the actual commission on sales is always higher than the estimated and never returns in full when you cancel the deal. Maybe I'm wrong as a new and uneducated seller, because so far I've only been buying, but so far I have such an unpleasant impression.

Sincerely Peter
З повагою Петро

i dont sell so i dont know. its doubtful it could be considered racketeering as after all no one MUST buy or sell with them,but they dont reveal a lot either.if the buyer doesnt like the deal hes got several chances to back out of it. once they got your cash you will play H**l getting it back sometimes. e bay was a good idea when it started.

Peter - All your impressions are correct. Those are the reasons I quit selling, it just didn't make sense to do all the work for the small profit and all the issues. Bottom line!

I have a lot of radio stations that I don't need as duplicates of the same radio stations from my collection - that's why I decided to sell them or exchange them for others. I think most of our colleagues do the same because it is a common practice among collectors. Therefore, my goal is not profit, but rather the passion of the collector - it's like fishing by spinning, especially when you catch it not for food. )) And besides, I buy much more radio stations than I sell.

Sincerely Peter
З повагою Петро

I sell the radios to pay for more radios and parts. Other than a couple family pieces(both Philco) I don't have a collection. I just enjoy bringing them back to life. So, I'd rather avoid the shipping and auction fees.

Peter

You meant radios / radio sets, right?
Radio station is "радиостанция". Unless you have a few? Icon_smile