Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

201x 4 mfd can restuff

I removed the 4mfd electrolytic tonight and retuffed it with a new cap. Now I have no volume. I am confused by the fact that stamped on the housing there is a 1-4 mfd. Does this mean there should be a 4 and a 1 mfd cap inside. According to the parts listing there should be just a 4. Something else I don't understand is the fact that the parts list shows that capacitor can number 29 should have three ones and a two inside although there are only three attatchment points on the can. Could it be that one of the 1 mfd caps should actually be housed with the can numbered 103 along with the 4 mfd. I'm not good at reading schematics yet but from what I can tell this is possible. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,Gary

It looks that way, but you'll have to trace out the circuit against the schematic to be sure. It's been years since I looked at this chassis, but according to notes I made on the schematic, the 1µF all the way over to the right, connected to the speaker field, isn't in can 29. It must be somewhere, and the can with the 4µF is as likely a place as any. Especially if the can is marked 1 and 4.

Alan, Thanks for your reply. You are exactly correct as it turns out. The number 29 can contains a 1,1,2 mfd combination, while the 103 had a 1 and 4. Waiting for my caps to get here from Dave at Just Radios so I can test things out. Thanks, Gary