Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Replicating (dogbone) resistors what method have you used ?

Richard,
This Alumilite appears to be similar to (maybe supplied by?) the product and process sold by Dow Corning. About fifteen years ago I tried the D-C molding materials and had very good success with them. The give clean smooth surfaces, flow well into details and if you use the correct compatible products as per the instructions, they perform as advertised.

One note :: when I was trying it, the Dow product I was using recommended a vacuum evacuation of air just prior to pouring. It increased the density and strength without compromising the flexibility. I don't see that (unless I missed it) in the Alumilite instructions or spec's.

cheers, good luck and have fun !!

EDIT :: the shelf life on the D-C raw product was very short (a year or so as I recall), so buy the smallest amounts that are economical for your purpose, and be ready to use it.

hello Everyone,
Well it is time to start making some resistors !
My latest Philco 38-10T needs some made one is a 3 watt 10 k power resistor .

Sincerely Richard

Hello Guys,
Well this year is time to final make these resistors because I also have to make some for my Philco 38-10T they are easier then the Zenith !

Sincerely Richard
P.S. I have a week off of work during the week of thanksgiving so in the next few days I will be ordering molding supplies .

Hello Everyone ,
Rockler had a sale on Amazing mold maker and Amazing Casting resin
By Alumilite So I ordered those two items to see how they work .
there is also a knob for my 1950s GE clock radio I want to try casting too.

The Resin says it's good for 185 Degrees

Sincerely Richard