Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Kennedy Cathedral Radio Identification

Bill,

The 3 large cans in the center of the photo are RF Coils.  You should not have to mess with those, unless one or more of them is open and that is unlikely.  I would recap and change resistors that are out of tolerance and then see if the radio works, before messing with those coils.  You could check them also with a meter to see if they are ok, but you would probably have to disconnect them to get an accurate reading.  

The brown fiber board box on the left contained the electrolytic capacitors.  They were in a block of tar and it was impossible to get that apart as well so I duplicated the box and inserted the 2-8 mfd capacitors inside, covered it in wax, and it looks pretty much like the original.  You could always remove the box and mount the two lytics on a terminal strip and that should work OK.  

We may be talking about different radios, as mine has no capacitors above the chassis. and mine has no tone control rheostat that i am aware of.  Send me a picture and i will see if I can identify.  

George

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kennedy Cathedral Radio Identification - by gbreisdorf - 03-13-2023, 10:00 PM