Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

New to Phorum - picked up Zenith S652 and RCA811K

Thank you all!  

Morzh and Elliott Ness- Yes the wooden knobs are pricey (!)- I recognized that going in but for $50 for the console without knobs I went ahead. I think I will take the suggestion of using generic knobs for now- the cabinet needs refinishing (particularly the veneer on one side). Then I will reconsider...I also had read here and on antiqueradios that the Candohm is frequently a problem- we'll see.

Arran- the console seems to be original as you suggested, clearly up close shows several tones to the wood. Because of the veneer damage on one side and loss of lacquer on the right front I will probably end up stripping part or all .

NostalgiaRadioTime- that's a very nice Zenith. I hope mine will look something like that when I am done. I will need a new dial belt although you can't see that from my pics. I wish the Waves grillcloth was not ripped, I would love to find something as close to that as I can.

Mike-it has all shafts. I think it is pretty complete altogether except for the knobs (even has dial lamp shades, although I will replace them). It does however have severely compressed chassis supports so the knobs (until I get new supports) do not quite clear the openings. I have propped it up to show the shafts in a new attachment

I am posting several additional snaps of the top and inside of chassis. If anyone sees anything missing, please let me know. Can anyone comment about the Zenith antenna metal attachment to the rear of the cabinet?

Messages In This Thread
RE: New to Phorum - picked up Zenith S652 and RCA811K - by Steve A - 02-20-2021, 01:00 PM