Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 582
Photo 

Need some info (schematic) on this guy. Came from the UK (see tag pic).
Tube line up is nothing unusual 80/42/75/6A7/78. An help would be appreciated.

Attached Files Image(s)

Danny

Oh my..... Momma want......  Icon_silent

Times I have been electrocuted in 2021
As of 1/01/2021
AC: 4 DC: 1
Last year: 6

Nice radio. And one that will likely be unique in the USA.

Check with the David and Babylyn at JustRadios.com to see if they have that schematic.
https://www.justradios.com/valve.html

You could join the U.K vintage radio forum, though there may be other sources of schematics for vintage Philcos. Some British Philcos shared chassis with U.S built sets, other then the 240 volt mains transformers, and others do not.
Regards
Arran

I cant find a british model thats anything like it. I went to the Philcoradio.com and checked nostalgiaair.

Hmmmm...

Times I have been electrocuted in 2021
As of 1/01/2021
AC: 4 DC: 1
Last year: 6

Danny,

Very unique radio! (that is, here in the USA)

Send me a PM with your email address. I have the service data. I think it is small enough to email.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

I've checked all the usual places Betmans, Riders, radio museum and radio attic.
Waiting to see what Ron has in the way of documentation. He said he has some
data. I'm just about out of options but I'll keep searching. I just found this at a
ham fest in Dalton Ga this past weekend. The chassis is horribly rusted. Going
to take a lot of work to clean up. Anyway thanks for your suggestion.
Cheers

Danny

Someone had a hamfest? Lucky you! Not only for finding such a unique Philco, but also for being able to actually attend a hamfest at a time when hamfests and radio swap meets are verboten in most states due to the Rona.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Hamfest!! Release the Kraken!!

>> due to the Rona.

They gave it a name?

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

Coronavirus. COVID-19. The 'Rona. And other names as well.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Have a friend in OZ has the radio from his parents growing up in the 1950s. Phillips model 143? had the same voltage spec his set had a switch on the power transformer to select input voltage. Back in the day Perth had higher line voltages than Sydney or Brisbane.