Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

VOM 1210B151 turntable

I decided to make a separate thread out of it, as it is not Philco, after all, and loosley falls in HiFi restoration.

Need help from the turntable experts, especially those familiar with VOM 1200 series.

I traced the rattling sound once a revolution to this.

When the tonarm goes towards the center of the disk, it pushes out this piece.
When it goes back, the piece does not get retracted. 
If I manually push it back the rattling stops.

At the bottom picture, inside the well at the bottom of the circle you will see a tab that is not in the first picture.
Here it is pointed to with a thin red arrow.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

not sure but it looks dirty and gummy. Clean with rag and Isopropyl alcohol (99% is best) re-lube with thin oil for turntables. may be something needs cleaning underneath too

What you see is fresh lube.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

I found a video and decided too go the whole 9 yards with taking itg apart.
So I spen most of today doing so.
I found a video, took plenty of photos.

Putting the slider back was tough, they warn about it, but then after spending 2 hrs I found out one thing they forgot to mention explicitly, so after that the slider went back in.

It os working now.

It took of half garbage bag of Q-tips, paper towels and copious amount of alcohol to wash that thing clean; and taking the tooth gear wheel was really something, even heatgun did not work. Eventually prying it with huge screwdriver after multiple heating did the job.

This are some example of the baked grease.

Turntables are not much fun to work on. I usually prop them up between two tables so as to watch operation from underneath. I clean out the dried grease and lube that little paw on the reject gear with graphite so as not to attract dirt.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  
                           /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

[Image: http://philcoradio.com/phorum/images/smi...on_eek.gif]  Chris

https://philcoradio.com/phorum/showthrea...963&page=4

This is what I concocted to watch the operation.