Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

philco 211 speaker

I have a 211 speaker and the volume seems low. How do you remove the front ring? I tried tapping with a piece of wood but it won't budge.

That's one of those antique things. I think someone said the front ring spins-twists slightly to release it.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  
                           /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

[Image: http://philcoradio.com/phorum/images/smi...on_eek.gif]  Chris

Are you sure it is the speaker?

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

Hi Lou! Welcome aboard! Icon_biggrin

As Chris (0Z4) mentioned, you will need to firmly grasp the outer ring surrounding the grille cloth and, while pushing down, twist it counter-clockwise. That should take care of it.

Be advised #1: It is just as hard to put back on as it is to take off. Icon_eek

Be advised #2: The driver is made of pot metal, and many of these speakers have been rendered useless as a result of swollen pot metal. You may end up having to replace the original driver with a 4 or 8 ohm speaker and suitable matching transformer.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Welcome to the Phorum!
Icon_wave

Thanks Ron, I looked in there with a flash light and I can the the cracked pot metal. I'll have to get my weight lifter son to try and twist that ring, must be getting old.