Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

C104 on Philco 47-1230

I have a question regarding C104 ,100 pF capacitor. During my recapping and re-Resistoring  I noticed that there was a C104 from the positive side of C103 in the schematic. But I don’t have it in my notes or any of my photos I took if I removed it . I don’t remember removing it. So I’m not sure if I lost it or it was never there ,does anybody have any insight on this capacitor C104 in section 1? Possibly a modification to my particular model ? Any help would be really appreciate it thanks.

47-123???

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

Philco 47-1230 sorry

Part30-Philco Home Radio Yearbook 1946-1947.pdf (philcoradio.com) Oh that one. It look as though there is a lot of capacitance on both sides of the 100 mmfd cap that would make it sort of invisible. But in the event you can't get the IF to settle down add it in and see if it helps. Removing it may have been a cost cutting measure.

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

Hmmm......some weird radio interference they were trying to filter out with 100pF...?

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.