Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

RF but no IF on 610

How much coffee required for electrical repair? Icon_smile.

Paul

Tubetalk1

Hi Paul,

Surprisingly, only one cup. But I get my beans directly from Cafe Britt in Costa Rica. Just as good as Jamaican Blue Mountain, Wallingford Estate, and 20% of the cost!

Pat

I get mine in Klatch, typically roasted Wednesday and gotten Satyrday.
But I am an espresso man.
Also, one cup.
In the morning.

I love coffee, I love tea
I love the java jive and it loves me
Coffee and tea and the jiving and me
A cup, a cup, a cup, a cup, a cup! Boy!

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

Patric

If you have a scope.
For the safety you could unplug your radio, put a scope with the tubes inserted (to account for grids' capacitances) and try to align unpowered transformer watching the scope at the output and feeding in the 460kHz to the input.
When done to both transformers, then power up and try to do the final alignment.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

Never used my scope, so I got rid of it. Taking up too much space.

Well...now'd be a dandy time to use it Icon_smile

Got the 460 KHz IF by using the suggestions. IF coils were way out. But I found one of the antenna coils had a broken wire, so it was bypassed at some point. Got the coil repaired, just have to figure out the wiring. So I'd say we're good to go. Thanks all!

Congratulations ! Glad to hear you got that problem solved, and tackled another. Icon_clap  I'll be watching to see how the rest of your adventure turns out.

Good.