Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average

Identifying my Record Player

Hi Everyone,

I’m new the the forum, and I’m not sure if this is the place to post this, but I figured I would give it a shot anyways. 

I’m looking for anyone that has any information regarding my record player, as I know nothing about it (year, value, origin, anything!). 

If anyone knows information about this machine I would really appreciate to hear what you have to say! 

Thanks everyone

Attached Files Image(s)

Hi and welcome,

>I know nothing about it (year, value, origin, anything!

I couldn't find anything on it. The model numbers that are used on the US models vs the same units out of CA are different. I did look around a bit but to no use.
Probably made around the mid '60s. Value 0 to maybe $40 US in good working order and looking like new. Origin ... Canada.

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

Hello Blake,
You have a self explanatory machine. All info is on it but the issue is that so many went undocumented from Canada. Going by the quarter on the tone arm I will guess it is not working properly? I have bought a few of these types and restored them. I dont think I have ever received more than $125.00 for one. I usually buy them for around $20.00-$40.00 as Terry said. It is in fantastic condition so if you were to try and sell it you would price it at about $100.00 and take the first offer over $65.00. Ebay is where you will get the best price. If you are keeping it then You can do a few things to help it run smoothly.
Best,
Kirk

Times I have been electrocuted in 2021
As of 1/01/2021
AC: 4 DC: 1
Last year: 6

Thanks for the replies. I won’t be selling it because I still use it. And the quarter is on the head to slightly weigh it down as it tends to skip without it (but works perfectly with it). I was interested to see what year this record player was from, but as you have alluded too, I haven’t found any information on it online. Thanks again!

These portable players have become popular again. New ones are being sold now at big retailers.

Portable record players were never a thing with the older audiophile crowd, but it should have a tracking weight adjustment on the arm somewhere. If you can get it to track at 2 - 3 grams, that would be good.. Record players tend to work best with record of a similar vintage. Track width and depth and stereo made the groves change over time.

"I just might turn into smoke, but I feel fine"
http://www.russoldradios.com/

I’ve definitely noticed that my that it tracks better with my older vinyl than the newer stuff. I’ll have to look at the arm and see if I can adjust the weighting ! Thanks.