Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 41-296

I picked up a Philco 41-296 radio a while back, it was complete, except the speaker was missing the transformer, that radio chassis speaker did have a transformer on it didn’t it. Anyway not sure if it’s the right speaker. It looks like it had a transformer on it at one time. The speaker is in really good shape. It’s bigger than the speaker in my 41-295. Can anyone tell me about the speaker for this 41-296? Thanks.

Philco 41-295X 4 band radio.
I'm 67 years old, in north Idaho.

Chassis has opt mounted in it but a lot of times the primary windings are open. You can lookup the part # and see if it matches what you have: https://philcoradio.com/library/download...20Book.pdf The opt is going to be small on it as the output stage is only 2 or 3 watts.

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

Thank you for the response, I do have the right speaker, so I need the output transformer for the speaker. According to the printout one side is 170 ohms, the other is 190 ohms. It doesn’t show the output side. Does anyone know what that should be? I have an old speaker here that has a transformer on it. Will have to measure it. Thanks

Philco 41-295X 4 band radio.
I'm 67 years old, in north Idaho.

The DC resistance doesn't tell us much about the AC plate load resistance which is what tubes are looking to see. The plate load is 12,000 ohms for the two tubes. The secondary is going to be about 2 or 3 ohms.

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

Yes I have always wondered about the relationship between input and output impeadance vs turns ratio. I don't get it.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  
                           /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

[Image: http://philcoradio.com/phorum/images/smi...on_eek.gif]  Chris