Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Chrome Philco?

Hello! Anyone ever seen a heavy steel and chrome cabinet with a 38-15 inside.  Well I found one! And it’s quite amazing! 

Attached Files Image(s)

It's a custom cabinet of some kind, perhaps made by a welder, definately not a factory original.
Regards
Arran

Quite the creation! Someone put a lot of time and effort into creating that! Maybe it was built to use in a fair or display back in the day.

I agree, Brad. It looks like something which may have been a "final project" done by a student in a metal working or welding class in a vocational school, or perhaps as a project entered into a fair for judging toward a prize, perhaps for 4H. I know they do more than just agriculture having been a club advisor myself. However it came to be, it shows a lot of time, effort, skill, and planning. I think it is VERY cool !

Definitely custom, but very well done. I think it deserves to be preserved and enjoyed.

No matter where you go, there you are.

Very nice! Still has at least two original Philco tubes, but what brand is the tube second from the right? “Jim” something... Great find! Joe

Joe

Matthew 16:26 "For what does it profit a man if he gain the whole world, yet lose his own soul?"